Reload'n And Levergun'n

My love of handloading my own cartridges, casting my own bullets, and shooting fine pistols and leverguns. Range reports, Ballistics, Reviews, Pictures, and everything related.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Jennings Co, Southern Indiana, United States

Monday, March 27, 2006

Lee 358-158-RF


Im in the process of developing a load for dads Rossi 92 (see above photo) chambered in 357 Magnum and got to send a few over the Beta Master Shooting chrony today with an average velocity of 1410 fps out of the 24" barrel.

Im using the Lee 358-158-RF with a dose of WC820(n) surplus powder. Unlike my 92 there was no leading in the barrel. There was some unburned powder due to the lighter starting charge but that will be fixed tomorrow...To Be Continued

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just picked up the 358-158-RF and it appears to drop bullets lighter than 158gr. (well, with Lyman #2 alloy, anyhow)

I recently discovered Forest Mold Release spray... my 6 cav mold now drops perfect bullets 99.9% of the time.

(I stopped "smoking" my mold like how Lee recommended)

2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home