Reload'n And Levergun'n

My love of handloading my own cartridges, casting my own bullets, and shooting fine pistols and leverguns. Range reports, Ballistics, Reviews, Pictures, and everything related.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Jennings Co, Southern Indiana, United States

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Winchester/Miroku '86 Mods/Custom Work/Continued


I sent my Winchester/Miroku 1886 Extra Light off to Mike Hunter of Hunter Restorations to have some custom work done. Mike filled in the ugly historically incorrect tang safety, remarked the tang and barrel and reblued. All Jap markings are now gone. I got her back and heres what she looks like.

Before:



After:





While the '86 was away I stripped the stock and added Herters French Red and a nice hand rubbed Tru Oil finish. It feels like it has been a long journey with this rifle but well worth the wait. Now its time to start on load development for this fine rifle.

Thanks Mike!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What kind of $$$ did the barrel remark and reciever tang work set you back?

I have a 45-90 takedown that I would LOVE to have this work done to.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Steve B said...

It set me back $250.00. Mike is a nice guy to do business with and his work is first rate. Mike (Colt1849) can be contacted through the www.leverguns.com forum.

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home