Reload'n And Levergun'n

My love of handloading my own cartridges, casting my own bullets, and shooting fine pistols and leverguns. Range reports, Ballistics, Reviews, Pictures, and everything related.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Jennings Co, Southern Indiana, United States

Monday, July 10, 2006

A Day For Friends And Leverguns

It was a beautiful day here in southern Indiana, a fine day for friends and leverguns.

I've been wanting my friend Terry to bring his Winchester model 86 chambered in 45/70 over, so him and a friend stopped by today for some shooting and good conversation.
(click on picts to enlarge)


Terry's Winchester 86 is one of the special runs made in the Miruko plant with the heavy octagon barrel, gold inlay and scroll work. I have been wanting an 86 myself for quite some time and was anxious to see this rifle and was not dissapointed.




The recoil on this fine levergun was very tolerable and was a treat to shoot!

The muzzle on the Winnie 86 compared to a Marlin 30/30 muzzle








I met a fine fellow named Burton who brought his Uberti model 66 chambered in 45 Colt.



Burton had never shot this levergun before and I got the pleasure to see the look on his face the first time he pulled the trigger.




The toggle link action was as slick as snot and was a pleasure to shoot. I had never shot a model 1866 before and was impressed with the way his rifle felt and handled.




Terry also brought his Blackhawk which is always a treat.



I saw an old friend and made a new one. It was a fine day indeed for friends and leverguns.
Thanks Terry and Burton!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic set of events.

Meeting good folks for shooting is always a great way to spend a day.

And such fine iron to shoot with. Almost make dinner (and drinks?) later on seem like somewhat of a letdown.

1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home